Here’s a quick snapshot of some of the stories we’ve been working on since late last year…
- We helped ABC Regional tell the stories of the people we lost in 2015.
- We discovered many Australians think they’re better at paying off their credit cards than they actually are.
- We showed how one fan is trying to restore the original Star Wars, and charted every scene from the first six Star Wars movies.
- We created before-and-after imagery showing drought in Queensland, floods in Queensland (yep!), and bushfires in Western Australia. The latter photos provide a scary, stark reminder of the raw power of bushfires.
- We let the audience search data about multinational tax rates, Australia Day honours, and political donations.
- We examined the history of Australia Day honours and found women have been receiving only one-third of awards for at least 19 years.
- We helped ABC Fact Check take audience questions about the TPP and publish the results of their investigation.
- The Drum used one of our templates to tell stories about ‘how I came here’ for Australia Day.
- We told the story of how David Bowie put an outback pub – and racism – in the spotlight.
- Australian Story used our long-form template to tell the story of Peter Hall, who ‘fixed’ the Sydney Opera House, only to die destitute and alcoholic.