- Colin Gourlay: MG Siegler on the implications of media organisations handing their content to companies like Facebook, and how they’re allowed to format it.
- Ben Spraggon: A funny and thoughtfully researched piece on the typography and symbols of the cinematic masterpiece Alien, which sparked a seminal visual language for all future sci-fi environments.
- Lucy Fahey: Animator James Curran made an animated GIF a day during his month-long holiday in NYC. A great visual project, and could be used to tell other stories.
- Simon Elvery: This SBS report on snow levels in Kosciuszko National Parkis an excellent example of an isometric chart, which are hard to find (as opposed to 3d-charts which are always bad). It’s also just a really well done riff on the famous Joy Division album cover by Peter Saville.
- Tim Leslie: Who’d have thought a French philosopher and pro wrestling could explain Donald Trump’s success.
- Matt Liddy: I’ve been diving headlong into Jessica Abel’s podcast Out On The Wire, a show about “making stories step by step”.